Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mykonos!

My very first weekend abroad I traveled to the Greek Island of Mykonos. With thirteen other friends, I took a five-hour ferry to this island paradise. Luckily, the ferry was more like a cruise ship, so I avoided any seasickness concerns.

Taking the trip so early on into the program was a perfect way to meet a lot of people in CYA and connect with the group.



As soon as we docked, hotel owners bombarded us with their offers and promotions. We chose an 8-euro hostel, which turned out to be shockingly nice. Though our individual accommodations reminded us all of old army barracks or tool sheds, the area was secure, safe, and had beautiful views. It even had its own infinity pool, restaurant, minimart, and beach with free chairs. Not too shabby for 8 euros.

We spent the weekend luxuriating in the end of summer sun and swimming in the Aegean Sea. So salty, So clear! Mykonos was the most fun introduction to the Greek Islands. I'm sure I will continue to love my weekend travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment