Friday, May 15, 2015

Cyprus and Last Adventures to an Incredible Semester

Our last two weeks came and went much faster than I thought possible.

I spent the first weekend visiting Cyprus with friends to see the Sanctuary of Aphrodite, dating to about 1200BC, the Rock of Aphrodite where in myth she stepped out of the sea, and famous Roman mosaics at Paphos.
We got to explore and stumbled across ruins which we later discovered were of a Frankish castle. The weekend was a lovely one.
Back in Athens after that we had our last week of classes, with sad goodbyes to much loved Professors. Just before finals three friends and I decided to see the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion and took a day trip south to do so which was great.
I have seen so much this semester, from modern cities to Greece's oldest sites, have spent hours studying rocks on site until I could see there what was no longer there, and have begun to become the archaeologist I hope to be, but have also become a fuller person along the way. This semester has shown me art and history that has helped me experience the world, and has introduced me to friends and professors I am indebted to for making my time at CYA the happiest, most amazing semester of studies I have known. In Greece I have found a second home, and though I have to wave goodbye as I did today to the Acropolis, I hope I'll be back soon!

Thank you CYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment