Wednesday, January 7, 2015

CYA Spring 2015 - Hello!

Hello! My name is Alexandra Magnani and I am a Junior Archaeology and Greek & Latin double major studying at CYA this semester. Ancient Greece means the world to me, and I cannot wait to dive into the courses and ruins of Athens! Athens has history and archaeology left and right wherever you go - including the metro - and despite the cold of January is beautiful. I have already started exploring, beginning with the Olympeion, the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch complex.
I am beginning my studies with the Voula Dig, a pre-semester two week intensive course of archaeological methodology and work at the Voula Dig site about 20km outside of central Athens. It includes Classical remains, Roman era storage rooms, and a Byzantine era Basilica. I cannot wait to see what we uncover, and I look forward to a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment