Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mount Olympus and Dancing


I hiked Mount Olympus last weekend with a group of my classmates. We traveled to the second highest peak (the highest is classified as a rock scramble and would have required ropes and additional equipment to reach). Unfortunately, at the summit we were surrounded by cloud, so our view was obscured, and reaching the top was rather anti-climatic. However, on the hike down out of the cloud, we could see the beautiful mountains and the town and the sea far down below. Overall the experience was enjoyable and has inspired me to do more hiking while in Greece- I plan to hike to a thermal bath next weekend with the Athenian Hiking Organization.

I am also taking Greek dance lessons. I have attended two classes so far and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning to dance. Some dances are fairly simple while others are very quick and complicated. Both times I ended class out of breath and with a smile on my face. While I doubt I will be able to master the dances by the end of this next lesson, I have definitely gained a greater appreciation for all dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment